Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

domingo, 27 de julho de 2014

I ❤ Moscow

The beauty about traveling is the unexpected personal experiences. What for some people might be a great place, for others is not and vice-versa, just because it's all about the experience. In time I've also learned how expectations matter so much. I had quite low expectations about Moscow, I must confess. Not that I didn't think the sights were going to be great, but more because it is a huge city, where one can easily feel lost, due to the differences in culture, language and alphabet. Before I went to Moscow, I felt really excited and skeptical at the same time, and I just tried to not think about it too much. It was because of my low expectations that Moscow raised up high in my personal ranking of places I visited. I even dare to pair it with places like Machu Picchu and the Amazon. Is it as special as Machu Picchu? Obviously is not. The difference is that I knew I was going to love Machu Picchu, but I didn't know I was going to love Moscow. 


Now, sitting at home, I look back and I smile at the great experience I had in Russia. Moscow has so many things to do and to see that you wouldn't believe. We walked around so much in the first few days that the sole of my feet burned, and I could barely walk the other days. But I wanted to see more and more, so I literally limped through parks, monuments, and other sights. 

BUT don't get me wrong! Your expectations will grow as you will read my posts about Moscow, and if you ever visit this city, there is a chance you will be disappointed. There's also the chance that you will love it. It's unpredictable, and you have to go there and try it for yourself. That's the beauty of traveling. I can show you where I've been, but I can't make you feel what I felt. Or can I? I'll try my best by posting some of my adventures in the biggest country of the world. Enjoy the ride! 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!