Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

quarta-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2014

Vicios - Addictions

Uma manhã destas ouvi na rádio um estudo qualquer sobre os vícios mais comuns. A ordem da lista varia um pouco de país para país, mas no geral os vícios são mais ou menos os mesmos um pouco por todo o mundo. Há quem fume, há quem não passe o dia sem a sua cerveja/copo de vinho, há quem dependa completamente do telemóvel ou da internet, etc. 

Ao ouvir isto pus-me a pensar nos meus vícios. Qual será a coisa que eu jamais ou dificilmente posso dispensar? Decididamente não é o telemóvel, do qual me esqueço em casa 50% dos dias. A internet faz-me falta mas habituei-me às falhas na rede por tempo indefinido no Brasil. Será a comida? Adoro comer, mas será isso um vício? 

Confesso que andei uns dias a pensar nisto e a tentar descobrir o meu vício, até ontem... Depois de 8h de trabalho (e nem foi um dia fácil), fui para o ginásio e fiz duas aulas e como ainda tinha energia corri durante 50 minutos. Acho que posso assumir que sou viciada em endorfina, a hormona que se produz quando fazemos exercicio fisico, responsável pela sensação de prazer e que (em certas situações) causa uma felicidade quase delirante. Cheguei a casa já passava das 10h da noite, nem podia com as pernas mas irradiava felicidade. Sim, acho que encontrei o meu vício. Podia ser pior, mas mesmo assim vou tentar não abusar...

E vocês? Quais são os vossos vícios?

PS. Obvio que isto parece um vício bom demais para ser verdade, para compensar devo ter outros piores que ainda não me lembrei...



One morning last week I heard in the radio something about the most common addictions. The order of the addictions in the list changes a bit from country to country, but the items themselves not so much. Among the most common were smoking, drinking beer/wine, mobile phone dependency, internet addiction, etc. 

This got me to think about my own addictions. What is that one thing that I couldn't survive without? It's definitely not the mobile phone, that I constantly forget at home. It's also not the internet, as I became used to all the power cuts and network crushes in Brazil. Could it be food? I love eating, but is that really my addiction?

I spent a few days thinking about it, trying to figure out what I am addicted to, until yesterday... After 8h at work (and it was not an easy day), I went to the fitness club, I had 2 different classes and afterwards I ran for 50 minutes. I think I can say I'm addicted to endorphin, the hormone that is produced in our brain when we exercise. Endorphin is responsible for the feeling of pleasure and (in certain situations) it can cause a sort of stoned-happiness. I got home after 10pm, dragging my legs on my way home, and still I looked and felt better than never. So, I guess I can say that I found my addiction. It could be worse, but I will still try to take it easy...

How about you? What are your addictions?


PS. Obviously, this is just too good to be true. I must have some bad addiction as well, I just couldn't figure it out yet...

5 comentários:

  1. Unfortunately I don't have the exercise addiction! But I agree you with about the feeling of happiness after you exercise. When I do go for a bicycle ride or go to a dance class I do feel great afterwards!
    Luckily I don't smoke or drink either and not much of a foodie either....It looks like I don't have "bad" addictions either!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sara, I popped over to say thanks for following Chickens & Fine China...and ended up thoroughly enjoying your blog and today's discussion! I'm surprised at how well the translator function works. Anyway, I'm convinced that I have NO endorphin receptors. I even ran a marathon and was waiting...waiting...nope, no runner's high! And pain meds don't work for me, so I'm convinced I don't have them. =) Therefore, exercise is definitely not my addiction. Without hesitation, I admit that mine is sugar. It's taken every ounce of willpower to break it's hold on me. Ayayayaya. Best, Nancy

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Balance is the key for everything. If you, Sami, don't have any "bad" addiction you probably don't need to have "good" one. Since I like cooking and eating, it's good that I can balance that with some good amount of exercise.

    Nancy, no endorphin receptors? Too bad... I haven't gotten yet to the stoned kind of state because it happens more when you run long distance and I'm starting now the half marathons. But I'm quite curious.
    Are you sure you read a translation and not the text that I translated myself? The translator is a bit crazy sometimes...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love those endorphins. And I love the tired feeling too, because you just know you've earned it.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. After training is the only time a piece of cake and a bowl of ice cream do not feel like great sins ;)

    ResponderEliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!