Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

terça-feira, 1 de abril de 2014

Kirchberg in Tirol - Austria


A couple of weeks ago I attended a conference in Kirchberg in Tirol. It was the third time I went there, and as always it was a great conference. The schedule is very interesting, as we have lectures in the morning and in the evening, but the afternoons are free. Usually, the free time is spent skiing in the mountains. Kirchberg is a village in the middle of the Alpes, and the slopes are absolutely amazing.

Há duas semanas atrás fui a uma conferência em Kirchberg in Tirol. Foi a terceira vez que fui e como sempre foi fantástico. O programa é organizado de forma a que os seminários sejam de manha e à noite,  mas com as tardes livres. Geralmente, o tempo livre é passado a esquiar nas montanhas. Kirchberg é uma vila no meio dos Alpes, e as pistas de ski são absolutamente fantásticas.


This year the winter has been quite odd, because it has been too warm, and there was almost no snow in Kirchberg. I remember once seeing the village completely white surrounded by snowy mountains, but this year I saw it wearing green colours with some white on top of the highest peaks. On top of the mountains it was still possible to ski, but the snow was not very good. As a ski beginner I had a really hard time trying to go down the slopes. I only tried one afternoon and after that I hiked and ran in the green mountains overlooking the snowy ones. I had a great time and I took some really nice pictures. The landscape is absolutely breathtaking, and I returned much more inspired and relaxed.

Este ano o Inverno foi meio estranho, porque foi demasiado quente e quase não havia neve nas montanhas de Kirchberg. Lembro-me de ter lá ido antes e encontrar uma vila cheia de neve, rodeada por montanhas branquinhas, mas este ano as cores predominantes eram os verdes, com apenas alguma neve no pico das montanhas. Ainda assim, havia pistas abertas, pois no topo da montanha ainda havia bastante neve. No entanto, sendo principiante a esquiar, a descida foi muito dificil porque a neve não estava nas melhores condições. Acabei por só tentar uma tarde enquanto que nas outras fiz caminhadas e corri. Foi muito bom e tirei muitas fotos. A paisagem é fantástica e voltei ao trabalho mais inspirada e muito mais relaxada.  

The town / A vila



I decided to hike through the green mountains, so I wouldn't get wet and I would have the view of the snowy peaks.
Decidi caminhar pela parte verde das montanhas, para não me molhar e para ter como vista os picos com neve. 




My friend E. enjoying the view. / O meu amigo E. a apreciar a paisagem.


Kirchberg by night / Kirchberg à noite


The conference ended with a typical tirolean show performed by some funny band that was always drinking beer but had great voices. I don't know if you know tirolean singing, but performed live is really amazing!

A conferência terminou com um espectaculo tirolês, com uma banda muito engraçada, que bebia cerveja em palco, mas cujos elementos tinham vozes espectaculares. Não sei se conhecem os cantares tiroleses, mas ao vivo é ainda mais impressionante.

1 comentário:

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!