Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

quarta-feira, 20 de março de 2019

Monsanto park, Lisbon - Portugal

My sister lives near Lisbon and every time we are visiting there are some rituals. For instance, we take daily walks by the sea and we always eat grilled chicken from the place around the corner. At the same time, we also try to do something new. Last time we visited her, I noticed we had never been to the forest of Monsanto, a nearby place where people often go for a walk or a run. It is also called the lungs of the city of Lisbon because it's the largest green area in the region. 

A minha irmã mora perto de Lisboa e cada vez que a vamos visitar há alguns rituais. Por exemplo, fazemos caminhadas diárias à beira-mar e comemos sempre frango grelhado da churrascaria da esquina. Além dos nossos rituais também tentamos fazer sempre algo novo. Da última vez que a visitámos, percebemos que nunca tínhamos estado na floresta de Monsanto, um sítio perto onde as pessoas geralmente vão caminhar ou correr. Monsanto é às vezes chamado de pulmão da cidade de Lisboa, porque é a maior área verde da região.


 View over the Tagus river, the 25th of April bridge and the Cristo Rei.
Vista sobre o Rio Tejo, a ponte 25 de Abril e o Cristo Rei. 




Beautiful trees along the running trails / Árvores bonitas ao longo dos trilhos




Isn't it great to find and explore new places in cities where one has been so many times? Now I want to go back and actually run in Monsanto (that day was way too hot for that). Maybe I can make it a ritual for my visits to my sister!

Não é bom encontrar e explorar novos lugares nas cidades onde já estivemos tantas vezes? Agora  quero voltar e ir correr para Monsanto (naquele dia estava muito calor para isso). Talvez se possa tornar num novo ritual durante as minhas visitas à minha irmã!

4 comentários:

  1. Vamos para lá com o filhote desde que ele é bebe, adoro!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Que bom! Não sei bem como é que nunca lá tinha ido antes, mas vou passar a ir mais.

      Eliminar
  2. It's a park where I haven't been in years...but so difficult to visit all we want when the holidays are limited :(

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I know exactly what you mean! So much to do (and to eat :) ) and so little time. It has to be one place at the time...

      Eliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!