Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

sexta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2017

The small things

I was in school and I felt happy. I was not really sure whether it was happiness or more of an excitation feeling in the chest. Maybe I even had some small butterflies in my stomach. But why?

"Why am I so excited? I can't really tell... Is it because new students are coming to the course now? Now, that's not it... Nothing else new has happened... what is it?"

I thought about it the whole morning without being able to figure where was all the excitement coming from. Until I started walking home during lunch break. Then I found what it was...

The avocados that I bought 3 days before had matured to perfection earlier than I thought, and I would be able to enjoy one for my lunch. I would make a nice and delicious boiled egg-avocado sandwich and THAT made me feel happy and excited the whole morning.

People say happiness is in the small things. Well, it is! Not always. Not everyday. But now and then it is. Like in the perfectly matured avocado.

Now tell me... what is it that makes you happy?



Estava eu na escola quando me apercebi que me sentia feliz. Não tinha bem a certeza se era felicidade ou mais um sentimento de excitação no peito. Talvez até com algumas pequenas borboletas no estômago. Mas por quê?

"Por é que me sinto tão alegre? Não consigo mesmo perceber ... É porque chegaram novos alunos ao curso agora? Não, não é isso... Mas não aconteceu mais nada de novo... o que é então?"

Pensei sobre isso toda a manhã sem ser capaz de descobrir de onde vinha tamanha emoção. Até que comecei a andar para casa para ir almoçar e me lembrei o que era...

Os abacates que tinha comprado três dias antes tinham amadurecido até à perfeição mais cedo do que eu pensava, e tinha constatado nessa manhã que podia comer um já no meu almoço. Podia fazer uma sandes de ovo cozido e abacate, uma das minhas preferidas, o que me fez sentir feliz e animada toda a manhã.

Há quem diga que a felicidade está nas pequenas coisas. Está mesmo! Nem sempre. Nem todos os dias. Mas de vez em quando está. Como por exemplo num abacate perfeitamente amadurecido.

Agora digam-me vocês... o que vos deixa estranhamente felizes?

6 comentários:

  1. That made me smile. Small things can have a big effect on our well being.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I think so too and I'm happy my little thing made you smile.

      Eliminar
  2. Never tried an avocado and egg sandwich...will have to try that!
    Yes, simple things can sometimes make us happy.
    I feel happy and I take the train into the city (takes me 10 min from my station) and cross the River Swan and see the beautiful houses by the river, the sail boats, people on kayaks...and I just want to smile at the beauty of it all!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Try it also on both toasted and normal bread. I like both.
      That sounds like a really nice view. A nice landscape never fails to makes me happy too.

      Eliminar
  3. Nice to hear from you. It will be really an excitement to see new students. I tried once with avocado and struggled a lot to use since i had no idea how to use it...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Avocados can be challenging if one doesn't know what to do with them. But once you learn, they are super good!

      Eliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!