Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

terça-feira, 7 de dezembro de 2021

Advent posting - Day 7 - Gardening

 When the days are long and bright we enjoy a bit of gardening on our small patio. We don't have so much space but we have learned that one can actually get a lot in just a small gardening box. And it is a lot of fun!

We started last year, so we are still pure beginners but have already learned a lot. 

Lesson n. 1: do not overplant! 

The plants are very small at first, but they do grow a lot!

Our tomatoes and cucumbers.

We started with zucchinis, tomatoes, cucumbers, chilies, raspberries, and blackberries. Everything worked out well, especially the zucchinis that became giant! The tomatoes were also very flavourful!


The berries "died" during the winter and we almost threw away the plants, but spring came and the raspberry plant started to sprout again :) 


We usually complete our berry stock by picking blueberries in the forest. We can really get as many as we want, as we live very close to the forest.



I grew up with a big garden and fresh vegetables were a part of my summers, and I'm very glad for being able to have a small garden. It is not only fun but extra delicious! The taste of a freshly picked juicy tomato is unique and I want to plant those every year!  

This year's success was the small bell peppers, which grew really well in vases and were quite tasty. I will also continue with the chilies and cucumbers. I tried spring onions, but they didn't really work. 

Is there anything else I should try to grow next year?

Tea behind the window: White wonderland
Oreo behind the window: Hazelnut candy bar
Running: 30 + 75 minutes (window 21)
 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!