Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

quinta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2021

Advent posting - Day 8 - A pandemic year

We have all been affected by the global pandemic of you-know-what and no matter where we live or what we do, our lives have changed forever. 

A lot has been written about Sweden, most of it very exaggerated, like if we have all been partying in crowds like there is no tomorrow. We haven't, believe me. 

Me working from home and finding the optimal background for an important presentation. 
Glamourous hein?

I and my husband were working from home from March 2020 until November this year. In that whole period, he went to his office less than a handful of times, while I went to work once a week because there's a small part of my work that can't be done remotely. I thought it worked quite well and it does now as well when I'm allowed to work from home two days a week.

What else did we do during that time, considering that travelling was discouraged and meeting other people was not always a good idea? 

We baked bread like everyone else did. It was actually quite fun!

In the summer we made ice cream instead! Blueberries (from the forest) and cookies ice cream.

We hiked to new places and enjoyed the Swedish forest. This awesome place in the picture is one of my favourite lakes to have a cup of tea and a sandwich and it's only a 30-minute hike from home. Of course, now is no longer new and we go there quite often. 

 

When we couldn't go to restaurants we opened our own restaurant and celebrated family birthdays in our patio, where was safer to meet. We even had printed menus!

I ran my very first marathon with the support of the hubby, who ran more than half with me, and family members who had extra bottles of drinks. It was supposed to be the Lisbon marathon, but it became a virtual race instead. Not as fun but still cool to have done it!

We cycled and explored our own coast here around Gothenburg. 



And most of all, we enjoyed some time on our patio! Especially the sunny days, perfect for an after-work drink or a cup of tea during a work break. Luxury!


Tea behind the window: Happy Holiday
Oreo behind the window: Hazelnut candy bar
Running: 50 minutes (window 10)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!